I know waiting can be difficult when you desire answers to BIG questions. Waiting can be difficult when you need a job, or to pay the bills, or to make a decision. But when you wait on God you are waiting for truth, the answer to the BIG picture of your life. Learn through waiting to let go of the grip you have on the future and let God show you the way, in His timing and in His love.
Make me know your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day. (Psalm 25:4-5, NKJV, emphasis added)
Truth springs from the earth and we see this while waiting on God with great hope.
Truth shall spring out of the earth. (Psalms 85:11, NKJV)
The allusion to a seed is clearly seen in this passage and has multiple applications to Biblical truth to be comprehended here and throughout the Bible. The seed must die, but from this death springs life as God nurtures it. Because most of the world came from, or were exposed to, the agricultural life, these symbols were readably understood. When we wait upon the Lord with hope and contemplate His revelation in Scripture we gain wisdom into His glorious truth. The truth is seen as fruitful in all the allusions below:
1. Parable of the Sower – The Good Seed (Matthew 13:3-9; 18-23) is the seed that falls upon good soil and produces fruit. This is the truth of the process of sanctification which is the measurement of faith worked by the Holy Spirit in the life of the disciple.
2. Faith of a Mustard Seed (Matthew 17:19-20) is the truth of belief in the Benevolent Father who wishes to bless and care for His children.
3. Jesus the Seed of David (Acts 13:22-23; Romans 1:3; and 2 Timothy 2:8) is the truth of the prophetic will of the Godhead to restore mankind to its original state of full fellowship between God and man.
4. The Seed of Promise (Acts 4:13-16; Romans 9:7-8; Galatians 3:15-18 and 3:26-29; and Hebrews 11:11-13 and 17-19) is the truth of the covenant keeping will of YAHWEH that through the seed of Abraham the world will be blessed by the work of the Messiah.
5. Seed for the Fruit of Righteousness (2 Corinthians 9:10-11) is the truth that it is God, not man, that provides the seed for blessing, fruit, enrichment, and righteousness for the believer in the Christ.
6. Symbol of Being Born Again (1 Peter 1:22-25; 1 John 3:9; and John 12:23-26) is the truth that the Son needed to die and be resurrected in order to bring redemption to mankind. In a similar way man has to die and be resurrected to new life in Christ.
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but though Me. (John 14:6, NASB)
Fruitfulness is God’s desire for your life and can only be produced by the Holy Spirit. Commit to give complete control to the Spirit moment by moment. Start right now and pray to Him who gives in order for you to be fruitful.